Report a Problem

Report a Utility Outage

To report a utility outage, please call the Facilities Service Center (FSC) at 512-471-2020.

Utilities and Energy Management (UEM) works hard to prevent utility outages, but if one does occur, our goal is to restore services to customers as quickly as possible.

FSC handles all requests and inquiries for facility-related emergencies. Be prepared to provide your name, phone number, location, and any other necessary information available at the time of the call.

Utility Problems You Can Report

  • Elevator or escalator issues
  • Issues with street lighting
  • Power outages
  • Sewer overflows
  • Water leaks*

* There are City of Austin water mains as well as university water mains that run underneath campus. Response times for the City of Austin water main breaks are not within the university’s control.

Check the Status of a Power Outage

In the event of a power outage, view our Twitter for updates. Our Twitter feed will display the buildings affected and an approximate time when the service will be restored.